10 Must Have Success Habits for the Conscious Entrepreneur
We are always in the habit of doing something. But how conscious are you about what you are practicing?
Being habitual creatures presents us with benefits and challenges.
The challenge is to create new practices that become habits without giving up along the way. Did you know that it takes doing something at least 300 times to develop a new practice? The benefit: Once you have done something at least 3000 times you totally embody it and have it for as long as you choose.
If we don’t like the result we are getting in your business than it is time to examine our habits and change what we are doing or who we are being. If you feel like you never have enough time to get everything done – look at how you spend your time. Change your routines, simplify your life, stop doing things that are not in alignment with your vision. If you want to speak in front of people but you are afraid, start going to toastmaster and speaking in front of small groups. Build up your courage, envision yourself as a speaker. If you want to have more money, practice paying attention to it. Be clear of its flow by tracking it. See where you can save money and explore how you can generate more.
You always have a choice in what you practice – make your habits meaningful, empowering and fun!
Here are my top ten practices to embody on your Conscious Business Evolution
- First of all: Teach yourself about yourself. Become aware of the conversations you are having with yourself about your life and work. Are they generative and affirming or are they based on fear, judgment and self-interest? Practicing conscious awareness of your thoughts is your key to own your power, fulfillment and creativity. This is a life long practice that can be greatly aided by a daily mediation or other mindfulness practice.
- Find ways to move your body in whatever way it wants to counter act computer time. For me being in nature is a great way to decompress, find inspiration and get new perspectives on almost everything.
- Set an intention daily on who you want to BE. If you want to be seen as an expert in your field – act like one in every conversation you are having. Do you want to be bold, creative, loving today? Then practice being it!
- Create a plan and follow it. Create a list on Sunday evenings of what you want to get done during the week and put the to do’s in your calendar. Do the same after everyday and spend the last hour of your workday getting ready for the next morning. Be clear on what you want to accomplish and why – is what you are planning in alignment with your vision and goals?
- Start the day with income producing activities you might normally procrastinate. Yes, do the uncomfortable things, like picking up the phone to book a talk or prospective client first! Often the things that stretch our comfort zone are exactly the things we should be doing to move our business forward.
- Take 10-20 minute breaks every 90 minutes. Our efficiency drops every ninety minutes when we don’t take breaks. Set your timer and stick to it. 90 minutes of focus time without multi tasking followed by 10-20 minutes of break will help you avoid burn out and keeps your creativity flowing. I like to fill my break with moving my body – dance, go for a short walk or listen to a guided mediation.
- Tidy up your workspace. Cleaning up your workspace will help you think clearly and feel successful. Catch yourself though if you use tidying as an excuse not to work.
- Check in with your mastermind group or your coach on a regular basis. Use the creative energy of your supporters. Come prepared to each call so you can get input and your questions answered.
- Hone in your craft and become an expert in your field. The Beattles played…..hours before they had there big breakthrough. Schedule in time to learn and practice. Get feedback about your work so you know how you can improve.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY – CLEBERTATE and BE GRATEFUL. Practice experiencing sufficiency. Celebrate the things you got done at the end of the day. Give thanks to the great fullness of life!
Now I am handing it over to you:
Make a list of practices that are holding you back from building a more purposeful, profitable business and fulfilling life.
Share your insights below.
“To be a free spirit takes great discipline”