Reflecting on the old, making space for the new
It is the time of the year when people start thinking about their goals and make plans for the year ahead.
However, before we leap into the New Year, I feel it is important to take time and reflect on the year that has past. This gives us an opportunity to celebrate our accomplishments and the goodness in our life’s, as well as the chance to ponder what we learned from our challenges in 2017, and where we didn’t show up as much as we would have liked.
Looking at the road ahead, let’s not only reflect on how we want to generate sustainable and transformational change in our own lives but how we can contribute to a more peaceful, just and sustainable world. I believe we live at a critical time of our human history and are called forth to be bolder, to be more courageous, committed and active.
Be inspired by what is possible and let yourself be drawn to what is calling you forth!
So, I encourage you to find a cozy spot to sit down with your journal and reflect on the questions below. I highly recommend you share your answers with others. There is a lot of power, and magic, in being witnesses. Also, is there anyone you want to express your gratitude to? Now is a good time!
Reflection on 2017:
- What did you stand for in 2017?
- What are you most proud of in 2017?
- What did you learn about yourself in 2017?
- If you had one or two ‘Do-overs’ in 2017, what might they be?
- Is there any unfinished business you need to clean up before moving forward?
- What did you put up with, that you no longer want to tolerate in 2017?
- What is one word that sums up 2017?
Claiming your bold goals for 2018:
- What do you want most for yourself in 2018?
- What do you most want for your loved ones, your work, your community, the world?
- What is your one, true, bold goal for 2018?
- How will you commit to what is important to you in 2018?
- What is important to you about this goal?
- How will that goal make a difference in your life?
- What will you do, specifically, to achieve this goal?
There is no doubt, that 2018 will be full of ups and downs, good and bad. When you experience the good, make sure to enjoy it, celebrate it and share it. When you meet the bad- accept what is, look for the silver lining and reach out and get support! You are not alone!
My very best wished for 2018. I hope you find a few moments for quiet reflection. Trust me, it is invigorating!
DON’T MISS THIS COACHING SPECIAL!
Register by January 14th and receive 50% off
the ‘Set Yourself Up for Success’ Program!